How you can help . . .
- Fill a water bottle before you come. Buy a reusable water bottle. Reusable bottles save resources, but consider filling your bottle before you come. Every drop counts!
- Stop leaks. If you see a leaky faucet/water line in the park, please let park staff know.
Don’t flush trash. Every time you flush a cigarette butt, facial tissue, or other trash you waste
water—between 1.5 gallons with a low-flow toilet to up to 7 gallons with an older model.
If you’re staying overnight:
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. Saves 3 gallons of water per day.
- Take shorter showers and avoid baths. Even a one- or two-minute reduction in showers can save up to 700 gallons of water per month. A full bath can use between 30 to 50 gallons.
Be water wise at home:
- Wash full loads of laundry. Most top-loading washing machines use 40 gallons of water per
load. Energy efficient front-loading machines use just over 20 gallons of water per load. A full
load of laundry means you are getting the most out of every drop of water.
- Drive a dirty car. If you must wash your car, take it to a car wash that recycles water.
- Keep a bottle or pitcher of water in the refrigerator. Instead of running the tap to cool the
water, keep a supply of cold water in the refrigerator. This can save 200–300 gallons a month.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks. This can save 150
gallons or more each time.
Connect with us.
Share your story.
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Xanterra Parks & Resorts has taken the first step toward making the world a better place. We are, however, always looking for ideas to improve the planet, while maintaining a softer footprint. Please share any ideas you might have in the form below.